Are you looking for the perfect shortbread cookie recipe? Well, I have one for you today!
Christmas cookies are incredible, but christmas shortbread cookies are even better! This is just a nice, easy and simple recipe for the festive season. These make not only tasty snacks but a cute homemade gift for family and friends. I absolutely love these and will definitely be making more in the next few weeks! Let me know if you make them :)
Makes approximately 15 cookies – Prepartion and Cooking time: 30-60 minutes
You will need:
- 125g Butter
- 55g Caster Sugar
- 180g Plain Flour
- 100g (ish) Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp (ish) Cold Water
- Cute Christmassy Cake Decorations – mine are from Tesco!
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- Mix together the sugar and butter until a light, smooth paste is formed.
- Add in the flour and stir into a paste like consistency.
- Place this onto a flour sprinkled work surface, or onto a large sheet of grease proof paper (it makes less mess). Roll or push out until the soft dough it is 1cm thick. Warning: the mixture is extremely sticky and so therefore I added more flour as I went along.
- Cut out into shapes using Christmas themed cookie cutters, mine are from Amazon or alternatively roll into balls and push flat.
- Place the cookies onto a greaseproof paper covered baking tray and place into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, place the cookies into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Leave the cookies to cool for around 30 minutes. Whilst this is happening mix up an icing glaze: icing sugar combined with a tiny amount of water. The icing should be spreadable but not too running.
- Spread the icing onto the cookies and try to avoid it running down the edges.
- Cover them in sprinkles and enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate, yummy!