Are you looking for the perfect shortbread cookie recipe? Well, I have one for you today!
Christmas cookies are incredible, but christmas shortbread cookies are even better! This is just a nice, easy and simple recipe for the festive season. These make not only tasty snacks but a cute homemade gift for family and friends. I absolutely love these and will definitely be making more in the next few weeks! Let me know if you make them :)
Makes approximately 15 cookies – Prepartion and Cooking time: 30-60 minutes
You will need:
- 125g Butter
- 55g Caster Sugar
- 180g Plain Flour
- 100g (ish) Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp (ish) Cold Water
- Cute Christmassy Cake Decorations – mine are from Tesco!
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
- Mix together the sugar and butter until a light, smooth paste is formed.
- Add in the flour and stir into a paste like consistency.
- Place this onto a flour sprinkled work surface, or onto a large sheet of grease proof paper (it makes less mess). Roll or push out until the soft dough it is 1cm thick. Warning: the mixture is extremely sticky and so therefore I added more flour as I went along.
- Cut out into shapes using Christmas themed cookie cutters, mine are from Amazon or alternatively roll into balls and push flat.
- Place the cookies onto a greaseproof paper covered baking tray and place into the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, place the cookies into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Leave the cookies to cool for around 30 minutes. Whilst this is happening mix up an icing glaze: icing sugar combined with a tiny amount of water. The icing should be spreadable but not too running.
- Spread the icing onto the cookies and try to avoid it running down the edges.
- Cover them in sprinkles and enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate, yummy!
Get My 101 Bullet Journal Spread Ideas For Free!
Sign up below to receive my ultimate bullet journal spreads' list straight to your inbox. You'll never be stuck for an idea ever again! Don't worry, I won't spam you but you will receive access to all of my journaling prompts, tips and creative wisdom!