I have learnt 11 things since moving to London two weeks ago:
- Look confident and you won’t get ran over.
- ALWAYS take an umbrella even if the weather forecast says 0% chance of rain, we are still in England after all.
- It’s impossible to sleep with the window open as the traffic never sleeps.
- Budgeting is about 5000x harder than you have ever imagined.
- If you want to go to a cinema that is miles away then go before 8:40pm because you could end up missing the tube home…
- It’s important to make a large domino’s pizza last three meals (at least)!
- Don’t injure any legs, hips, feet or ankles as the hospital is 25 minutes away and the walk through the tube stations feels like miles when you are in pain.
- It’s okay to call your Mum asking her if the pasta sauce (which you opened two days ago) is still edible.
- How to use an oyster card… (I know it’s simple but simple confuses me)!
- When they say for university you WILL end up reading a lot, they are not lying.
- Feeling homesick is normal.
In the past week alone I have been to the cinema in Piccadilly with one of my Twitter best friends to see the “Where We Are” One Direction film, it was pretty good and it was essentially like going to a live show but without the deafening screaming. In the very same day I experienced some weird Zombie parade, which imagine this: you are sat just minding your own business, sat on a park bench texting and all of a sudden a “Zombie” creeps up behind you – well you can imagine my response… I went to see “Gone Girl” on Wednesday which is a thought provoking film exploring the nature of modern relationships; Nick Dunne reports his wife missing on the day of their fifth wedding anniversary, the main question being did Nick murder his wife? I highly recommend the film with a five star rating from me, although bear in mind it is an 18 age rating. It’s been my first week attending university and already I have branched out of my chosen course to do a politics module. So all in all, the week has been rather busy and so very London. Although I’d love to know, what have you been up too this week?
You can now subscribe to my blog (which is wonderful, let’s face it) by entering your email address in the top right corner of this page!
Ta ra for now, C x
The NEXT Zombie event: http://zombieevacuation.com/
Pre-order the Where We Are One Direction DVD here: http://www.onedirectionmusic.com/gb/store/
Read more about Gone Girl: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2267998/
Get My 101 Bullet Journal Spread Ideas For Free!
Sign up below to receive my ultimate bullet journal spreads' list straight to your inbox. You'll never be stuck for an idea ever again! Don't worry, I won't spam you but you will receive access to all of my journaling prompts, tips and creative wisdom!