When I moved to university, I brought a lot of my personal things (everything apart from the kitchen sink) for my room (which is only mine for 40 weeks). Although having been here for some time I have realised that I probably don’t use most of it, however, would be completely lost without some items. These items include:
- A laptop – this is the most important thing for students, I recently bought a MacBook Air and I love it beyond words.
- Microsoft Office 365 – this is the best software available for students and I particularly recommend OneNote for taking notes (IT IS AMAZING).
- Photographs / Posters – these are the best way to decorate your bedroom walls and have reminders of home.
- A panini press – the best thing ever, end of.
- NOSH for students – I have talked about this so much, but seriously it is worth it for cheap student meals that are designed for cooking amateurs, like moi.
- Cushions – these not only look pretty cute but also help to transform your bed into a sofa during the day.
- Many, many, many knives and forks – these go missing so easily!
- A printer – I really would be lost without this especially as the library is just a recipe for confusion, especially 15 minutes before a deadline…
- Netflix – okay, I know I am supposed to be doing work but we all need “lazy days” sometimes, right?
- A day per page diary and a “to do list” notepad – (if that makes any sense) these are crucial for organisation. University requires a lot of organisation (something that I used to be terrible at) and anyway I am pretty sure these count as stationery (and stationery is amazing).
- Storage boxes or extra suitcases – I have so much ‘junk’ in my room that these are important for hiding it, e.g. spare clothes that I probably won’t wear, a secret stash of food (for emergencies) and a lot of ring binders that I bought in a panic.
- A book stand – also known as something that holds your book pages open. I got one of these for Christmas and it has been used so much since. Dear Person who invented it, you are a genius and I love you.
- A ginormous duck – okay just me.
So that is a just a list of few what I consider absolutely necessary things (apart from the duck). If you have anymore suggestions then leave a comment below, I would love to hear what you consider to be ‘must haves’. Or you can contact me here!
To view part 6: essay tips and tricks, then click here or if you would like to view the series from the beginning then click here! Part 4 is still missing but is coming soon, I promise!
Get My 101 Bullet Journal Spread Ideas For Free!
Sign up below to receive my ultimate bullet journal spreads' list straight to your inbox. You'll never be stuck for an idea ever again! Don't worry, I won't spam you but you will receive access to all of my journaling prompts, tips and creative wisdom!