When I moved to university, I brought a lot of my personal things (everything apart from the kitchen sink) for my room (which is only mine for 40 weeks). Although having been here for some time I have realised that I probably don’t use most of it, however, would be completely lost without some items. These items include:
- A laptop – this is the most important thing for students, I recently bought a MacBook Air and I love it beyond words.
- Microsoft Office 365 – this is the best software available for students and I particularly recommend OneNote for taking notes (IT IS AMAZING).
- Photographs / Posters – these are the best way to decorate your bedroom walls and have reminders of home.
- A panini press – the best thing ever, end of.
- NOSH for students – I have talked about this so much, but seriously it is worth it for cheap student meals that are designed for cooking amateurs, like moi.
- Cushions – these not only look pretty cute but also help to transform your bed into a sofa during the day.
- Many, many, many knives and forks – these go missing so easily!
- A printer – I really would be lost without this especially as the library is just a recipe for confusion, especially 15 minutes before a deadline…
- Netflix – okay, I know I am supposed to be doing work but we all need “lazy days” sometimes, right?
- A day per page diary and a “to do list” notepad – (if that makes any sense) these are crucial for organisation. University requires a lot of organisation (something that I used to be terrible at) and anyway I am pretty sure these count as stationery (and stationery is amazing).
- Storage boxes or extra suitcases – I have so much ‘junk’ in my room that these are important for hiding it, e.g. spare clothes that I probably won’t wear, a secret stash of food (for emergencies) and a lot of ring binders that I bought in a panic.
- A book stand – also known as something that holds your book pages open. I got one of these for Christmas and it has been used so much since. Dear Person who invented it, you are a genius and I love you.
- A ginormous duck – okay just me.
So that is a just a list of few what I consider absolutely necessary things (apart from the duck). If you have anymore suggestions then leave a comment below, I would love to hear what you consider to be ‘must haves’. Or you can contact me here!
To view part 6: essay tips and tricks, then click here or if you would like to view the series from the beginning then click here! Part 4 is still missing but is coming soon, I promise!