Gas Mark 6, 200ºC or Fan 180º – cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serves 4. Takes around 1 hour to prepare and make.
You will need:
- 4 – boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- 2 – peppers, colours of your choice.
- 1 – onion.
- 200g – mushrooms or baby button mushrooms.
- 1/2 jar – Newman’s Own Spicy Cajun Sauce.
- Small pack of wooden skewers.
To garnish: coleslaw and lettuce.
Other ingredients you could use: cherry tomatoes, baby sweet peppers or chilli slices.
- Chop the vegetables into even size chunks. I would keep them relatively large in size so that they don’t fall apart on the skewer.
- Cut the chicken into similar size pieces as the vegetables.
- Add the vegetables and chicken to the skewers randomly. A top tip: add the onion next to the chicken to lock in flavour.
- Pierce the chicken once on the skewer using a knife, this allows for the marinade sauce to be absorbed.
- Brush the skewers with the marinade (I used a (clean) paint brush, I am a student… who doesn’t own a pastry brush).
- Leave them to marinade for at least half an hour, preferably in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to the temperature stated above. If you haven’t already, then place the skewers on a baking tray and place in the oven. Cook for around 25 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables roasted. I cooked mine on a BBQ, hence why the vegetables caught a bit on the edges.
- Whilst still warm, serve with a side of coleslaw and salad.
Extra tip: these are also super tasty cooled or the next day for a snack but remember to refrigerate them.
I was fortunate enough to be sent the Newman’s Own marinade* in the post and this is a recipe that I have come up with. This particular sauce can only be found at Tesco’s, although the rest of range can also be bought from Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s. This is a tasty cajun sauce that isn’t too spicy but adds a nice flavour especially with chicken! I am excited to try their Caesar salad dressing and Basilico pasta sauce, which are waiting for me in my kitchen cupboard! Newman’s Own is a fantastic company that donates all of its profits to charity, now that is pretty awesome and I highly recommend these great tasting, affordable products to you all.
*Disclaimer: this is a sponsored post containing products that were sent to me, however all opinions are entirely my own.
Get My 101 Bullet Journal Spread Ideas For Free!
Sign up below to receive my ultimate bullet journal spreads' list straight to your inbox. You'll never be stuck for an idea ever again! Don't worry, I won't spam you but you will receive access to all of my journaling prompts, tips and creative wisdom!
[…] Easy Cajun Chicken Kebabs recipe – ideal for students! channongray.com/… […]
[…] Easy Cajun Chicken Kebabs Rezept – ideal für Studenten! channongray.com / … […]