Cheap, fairly healthy and super tasty!
You will need:
- 500g – 5% Fat Minced Beef
- 300g – Dried Spaghetti
- 1 – beef stock cube dissolved in 100ml of hot water.
- 300-400g (or so) – Passata.
- 4tbsp – Tomato purée.
- 2tsp – Very Lazy Garlic paste.
- 1tsp – Very Lazy Coriander paste.
- 1 – Onion, finely chopped.
- 200g – Mushrooms, sliced.
- 80g – Grated Grana Padano or any parmesan cheese.
- Spices: dried mixed herbs and chilli powder.
- Salt and ground black pepper.
- Fry the onions on a medium heat in a large saucepan, ensure that they are soft and more-or-less translucent.
- Add the minced beef and cook until all the fat is fried off. You don’t want the minced beef to get burnt, so stir throughout.
- Add the mushrooms and beef stock. Allow for this to heat through.
- Add the passata, tomato purée, Very Lazy garlic paste and coriander paste. Mix throughly.
- Add in the black pepper, a pinch of salt, a sprinkle of chilli powder and roughly a tbsp of dried herbs. I have made this a couple of times and both times I haven’t really measured out the spices (mainly guess work sort of thing, alongside a LOT of ‘tasting’ it). I think the best way is to add a little amount at a time until it suits your taste.
- Boil the dried spaghetti for around 10 minutes, drain and rinse with boiling water.
- Serve and top with finely grated cheese.
‘Very Lazy’ Product Review
I was sent some Very Lazy products a couple of months back and ever since then I have been loving them! I love how easy and simple they are to use as well as the instant flavour they give to any meal. Now, I am not really a ‘fantastic’ cook, in fact, I am a SUPER lazy cook and for as long as it can go in the microwave, then it is perfect for me! However, making meals from scratch is definitely healthier and I recently joined Slimming World so therefore ‘homemade’ is key*. Very Lazy has made my life easier and once these have ran out, I will be buying more! Very Lazy = a student’s cooking dream.
*As a side note, if you are on a Slimming World diet then this recipe is SYN FREE providing that you use Low Cal spray to fry the onions. Although, the tomato purée also needs to be free from oil.
You can find the full product range on the Very Lazy website as well as easy recipes! Link to Very Lazy – http://verylazy.com/
Get My 101 Bullet Journal Spread Ideas For Free!
Sign up below to receive my ultimate bullet journal spreads' list straight to your inbox. You'll never be stuck for an idea ever again! Don't worry, I won't spam you but you will receive access to all of my journaling prompts, tips and creative wisdom!