Getting organised will reduce your stress levels, increase productivity, allow more time for focusing on personal wellbeing as well as ensuring that you never miss a deadline, appointment or event ever again; the bullet journal system can assist you into achieving absolute organisation goals like you’d never believe!
I’ll be honest, up until recently, I have lived my life in a field of chaos; although I always knew what I was doing/where I was going, my time management skills and productivity success wasn’t exactly sky-rocketing. One of my 2018 resolutions was to be more in charge of my life, on-top of getting tasks done and aim to fulfil as many goals as possible. The bullet journal system has helped me to begin to achieve these things.
Bullet journalling can be as simple or as creative as you’d like it to be. I cannot resist doodling or sneaking out my hoards of washi tape. But I agree, this way of organising isn’t for everyone. Many people like simple journal layouts using only a notebook and black pen; and that is the beauty of this, a bullet journal is designed to suit EVERYONE and ANYONE!
Thing’s to consider when using a bullet journal to get organised:
- It’s is supposed to contain everything you need it to. For example grocery lists, to-do lists, household cleaning trackers, goals, habits, appointments, events and random notes. It satisfies all the organisational requirements.
- First things first, if you need help setting up a bullet journal then I have written a guide on how to do so here!
- You need a ‘future log’. This is a place to store upcoming memorable dates or appointments. I’ll leave a photo of mind below!
Future Log is all set up in my bullet journal. Been working on this for fun whilst getting all of your orders completed. ?? . . . . . . #Kikkik #paperchase #washitape #cute #paper #stickers #shopowner #etsy #planwithme #pwm #planningwithc #instadaily #planneraddict #filofax #bujo #erincondrenlifeplanner #eclp #happyplanner #weeklyspread #erincondren #teamvertical #student #planner #plannergirl #stationery #haul #organization #bulletjournaling #bulletjournal
- Plan ahead if you need to. You might be thinking, but how on earth can I plan ahead in a bullet journal? Well, simply set up your spreads in advance. I have every week in my journal up until the beginning of May but they are what I like to call ‘skeleton spreads’; they are undecorated, dated weekly layouts with enough space left in between weeks for everything else I like to add at a later date (notes, memories, monthly calendars, expense trackers, etc).
It’s flexible, customisable and forgiving system of organisation to use. If you miss a week, it doesn’t matter. If you make a mistake, then simply move on. Likewise, if a certain spread or layout doesn’t work for you, then just change it next time or forget it completely!
The Bullet Journal is Accessible!
- The bullet journal is highly accessible to all and it takes some time to get used to it. I enjoy mine for the creative and wellbeing element it offers me when planning the future. Meanwhile, others get a kick out of its capacity for simplicity. There is no right or wrong way to ‘bullet journal’.
Some spread ideas to get you started:
I would research, set-up and utilise some of the following spreads when first getting started on a bullet journal. This list will help you to stay productive and organised!
- Yearly calendar at a glance.
- Key – a personalised key to suit your planning needs.
- Goals page – this enables you set targets and focus on them.
- Future log.
- Birthday’s log.
- Any weight-loss or financial trackers you might wish to have documented.
- Monthly layouts.
- Weekly layouts.
- Expenses trackers.
- Habit trackers.
- Important notes pages.
- Motivational quotes pages.
Hopefully, this list will help you assist finding an absolutely organised life. If you have any further bullet journal advice or organisation tips, please leave them below or if you’d like to contact me then you can do so here.
Get My 101 Bullet Journal Spread Ideas For Free!
Sign up below to receive my ultimate bullet journal spreads' list straight to your inbox. You'll never be stuck for an idea ever again! Don't worry, I won't spam you but you will receive access to all of my journaling prompts, tips and creative wisdom!